Friday, December 25, 2009

christmas present...

Just in time for Christmas, I got 16,046 words into the book! And, as an added bonus, a little tidbit from Chapter Six:

Needless to say, I was upset and I was bored. I spent some time surfing the internet and checking my email, but nothing really captured my limited attention span. What I really wanted to do was go back downstairs, where I could still hear Brett banging pans around and trying to find something new for the menu before tourist season started up, and apologize. I knew if I did, though, that he wouldn’t take me seriously.


So I hugged my stuffed panda that he had won me at my first carnival and felt miserable some more. I never wanted to get further involved in Brett’s world, and yet here it seemed I was. Here, among others like him. Or others not even like him, others that were something far different. I had no idea, since Dorian’s order had prevented Brett from telling me.

No comments:

Post a Comment