Tuesday, December 8, 2009

teaser #1

I took the book from his hand, paper falling out of it as I touched it.


There were pages and pages.

I couldn’t even imagine how many, at least a good chunk out of my notebook. There were symbols I couldn’t understand, letters I couldn’t name. I looked to Joel, his eyes rapt and calculating.

“What is this?”

His eyes seemed more world-weary than usual, but the hint of laughter had crept back into them. “Memories, Ash. Memories of all the things we’ve done together. You wrote them.”

I just stared at him. “There’s no way I wrote these. I don’t even know what they say.”

“You might not, but your soul does. I taught the Tongues to Juliana once, and that’s what these are written in.”

How can you write something in a language that you didn’t even know you knew, and then be writing about things you don’t even remember experiencing? I wondered, studying the papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment